Wednesday, May 02, 2007

 
Normal Service

I’m just about recovering from jet lag after my flight back from America. The reality check of teaching again is just starting to bite. I’ll be writing a longer article about the education system in America.

Two excellent books I read – Jonathon Kozol, ‘The Shame of the Nation’, he believes that America has gone back 100 years in terms of school integration, an absolutely outstanding book, my infallible guide during school visits.


Also Leslie Baldacci, ‘Inside Mrs B’s Classroom – Courage, Hope, and Learning on Chicago’s South Side’, a perfect antidote to the teacher as super-hero, a Sun-Times journalist for twenty years before venturing into the toughest schools.

I’ve had an e-mail while I was away from Luke Jackson who has founded a new job search web site - Finders Teachers, very easy to use. Luke watched Everton during the Walter Smith era so he deserves a break.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?